[Gambas-devel] strange ! cannot built gambas anymore !!

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...101...
Tue Dec 21 21:51:54 CET 2004

Before uploading the packages to Debian to be compiled in the diferent
platforms, I have had access to a debian powerpc box.
Compiling packages there went fine until the .info & .list generation of
the packages moment. There everything seemed to work, except for the xml
component.
With the execution of:
/home/trunks/jredrejo/gambas-0.99+1.0RC5/debian/tmp/usr/bin/gbi -a
-r /home/trunks/jredrejo/gambas-0.99+1.0RC5/debian/tmp/usr

it fails when going to
/home/trunks/jredrejo/gambas-0.99
+1.0RC5/debian/tmp/usr/share/gambas/info/gb.xml.libxml.rpc.info

Violación de segmento

So, it looks like the xml component still has something wrong in the
code. Maybe you added it after updating to the new libtool?

Deleting xml from de SUBDIRS in the Makefile, the packages are generated
correctly. Anyway, gambas ide doesn't start in powerpc, a segment
violation occurs.
Some funny details after installing gambas packages in powerpc:
gbc & gba work without problems. I have tested an application I made, (a
console app, doesn't use qt), and when I started it I got this message:

clsArranque._New.75: #6: Type mismatch: wanted Integer, got Settings
instead

The funniest thing is what line 75 has:
hSet = NEW Settings("/etc/sirvecole")

So, it seems that Static classes are not working properly. I don't know
if this can help. If you want to give me some other gambas code to test
in that platform, I will do it.

Regards.