[Gambas-devel] strange ! cannot built gambas anymore !!

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Dec 22 10:55:18 CET 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 21:51, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> Before uploading the packages to Debian to be compiled in the diferent
> platforms, I have had access to a debian powerpc box.
> Compiling packages there went fine until the .info & .list generation of
> the packages moment. There everything seemed to work, except for the xml
> component.
> With the execution of:
> /home/trunks/jredrejo/gambas-0.99+1.0RC5/debian/tmp/usr/bin/gbi -a
> -r /home/trunks/jredrejo/gambas-0.99+1.0RC5/debian/tmp/usr
>
> it fails when going to
> /home/trunks/jredrejo/gambas-0.99
> +1.0RC5/debian/tmp/usr/share/gambas/info/gb.xml.libxml.rpc.info
>
> Violación de segmento
>

> So, it looks like the xml component still has something wrong in the
> code. Maybe you added it after updating to the new libtool?

No, and I don't think it is related to libtool. Maybe you can give me where it
crashes exactly with gdb ?

> Deleting xml from de SUBDIRS in the Makefile, the packages are generated
> correctly. Anyway, gambas ide doesn't start in powerpc, a segment
> violation occurs.
> Some funny details after installing gambas packages in powerpc:
> gbc & gba work without problems. I have tested an application I made, (a
> console app, doesn't use qt), and when I started it I got this message:
>
> clsArranque._New.75: #6: Type mismatch: wanted Integer, got Settings
> instead
>
> The funniest thing is what line 75 has:
> hSet = NEW Settings("/etc/sirvecole")
>
> So, it seems that Static classes are not working properly. I don't know
> if this can help. If you want to give me some other gambas code to test
> in that platform, I will do it.
>
> Regards.

It must be an endianness problem - I think the only way to solve it is to
grant me an ssh access to a Debian/PowerPc machine with gambas and gdb on it!

mailto:gambas at ...1...