[Gambas-devel] Gambas interface

Bodard Fabien gambasfr at ...4...
Tue Aug 17 12:35:26 CEST 2004

Le dimanche 15 Août 2004 23:57, Rob a écrit :
> On Sunday 15 August 2004 14:11, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> > several windows, all of which take up space on the taskbar (or
> > whatever it's called in Linux - I used to use Windows)  I'd
> > like to set up an MDI interface for Gambas, if possible.
> > Where should I start?
>
> I did that myself close to a year ago, with a now-ancient version
> of gambas (look in the older entries on http://www.kudla.org and
> you'll find it.)  In the source tarball for gambas, there's an
> "app/" directory and in it is the source for gambas and
> gambas-database-manager.  I stopped maintaining it because I
> couldn't keep up with the rapid Gambas releases at the time
> (each release would break my patch and it got too confusing to
> maintain it.  Besides, I never came up with a docking bar like
> VB has or any of that stuff.)
>
> Another workaround is to start Gambas in another virtual desktop
> (KDE defaults to having 4 of them available) but then it's a
> pain in the ass to switch back and forth.  The GIMP developers
> frequently use this as an excuse for why they haven't made an
> MDI version of their app despite all the complaints.  Benoit
> and/or Fabien is working on some kind of tabbed interface for
> Gambas post-1.0, so hopefully us fans of "one big window" will
> get our wish eventually ;)
>
> Rob

There is many kind of interface..; in fact...

I've tested the ide with the rob work... buti find that i lost many place...
In the paste i've worked with vb 4... and when i've updated  to vb6 i was
horrified by the difficulty to draw forms...

And by the difficulty to find the good opened windows in the back...

So a good compromise, will be to have the possibility to chose...

My idea in fact is a total modular system... With an mdi option ... i think
 it will be possible by adding at less to thing :

the reparent concept
the dockarea...

By this way, it allow to have the tool windows docked as you want:

1 (one windows per level separate by a splitter)
2 (one windows per level separate by a splitter)
3 (one windows per level separate by a splitter)

or
12 (two windows in tabs)
3 (one windows per level separate by a splitter)
or

123 (tree windows in tabs)

And you can manage that by drag and drop... easy no ?

It's the gimp system...

And you can have one module in one windows if you want too,

And i think the same for the editor windows...

I SEND HERE A SHOT OF MY IDEA... BUT IT'S A SHOT NOT REAL CODE

And the better will be to have a form with 3 dockarea and a workspace (for
editor only)

the dock area will allows to display and lock the tool windows where we
want...
_____

|DWD|

---------