[Gambas-devel] Good luck Gambas 1.0

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...141...
Wed Aug 11 14:05:33 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 11 Août 2004 12:06, Bodard Fabien a écrit :
> You make a good job in the ide. But i think you must to understand that.
> When Benoit, say he want to finish the 1.0 before, he talk about the gambas
> language. In fact the language can be in stable version and the ide in beta
> version, i think it's not really a problem. And it's the same about the
> components these are not part of gambas language but just addons.
>
> So, if for exemple there is some bug in the gb.qt or gb.net when the 1.0 is
> released, it's not really important. The more important for Benoit, i think
> is to have zero bug in the gambas internal classes, nor in the interpreter,
> neither in the compiler...
>
> In summary, with the gambas 1.0, you can have bug :
>   - in the Ide
>   - in the components (as less as possible)
>   - in your own program !
>
> But not in the language !
>
> OUps, i'm repeating the same thing three time no ?
>
> The more important job on the IDE is planed for after the 1.0 version.
>
> If i remember all, We talk about a near complete redesign of the ide, about
> add a report designer, and many other little interesting thing that i've
> writed somewhere but i don't remember where...
>
> So, get ready, there is many job, but after the 1.0 gambas version... And
> your ideas will be welcome !
>

> good holliday ;-)
>
> Fabien Bodard

The confusion (mistake ?) comes from the fact of gambas is only available as a
standalone source package.

My opinion is that it should be better to split gambas source in "several"
packages. But it should be problematic as component can only be built inside
the gambas source tree. Components sould be more "dynamic", be built outside
od the source tree. Perhaps macro language like #include inside gb (like the
future #if , ...) and of course versioning in component (future but not only
in db).

It's only my opinion, it's only for showing my vision of gambas future. You
can fire me :) (.... hmmm not too much, please)

Amicalement,

--

Laurent Carlier