[Gambas-devel] Pretty Printer for gambas-0.96

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 4 22:31:34 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 22:08, Charlie wrote:
> Salut Benoît,
>
> I send you the PrettyPrinter for  gambas-0.96.
> I changed FEditor and FOption from the IDE .
> In the FEditor I added a ToolButton to call it and in FOption a Button
> to configure it.
>
> I made a script to install and patch all the files, but you have to copy
> the unpacked PrettyPrinter Dir into the
> gambas-0.96 Directory, then cd to .../gambas-0.96/PrettyPrinter Dir and
> start the ./PrettyPrinter.sh script.
>
> I make a copy of each file who will be patched, back to the
> PrettyPrinter Dir.
>
> At the end I make a su -c 'make install'
>
> Hope you enjoy, because I would like to see it included in gambas.
>
> Amicalement
> Charlie

Hi, Charlie.

I would like to see your pretty printer in Gambas too, and I can include it
now because I won't release a 0.97 immediately.

I'm very glad that you took the time to make patches and a script to apply
them. Alas, I prefer that you send me the whole files and not just the diffs,
because it is easier for me to look at your modifications before inserting
them in my current source tree (which is always more advanced than what I
have released).

And do you think it is possible to rewrite your pretty printer by using some
functions I will export from the gb.eval component ? These functions will
analyze the syntax for you, will tell you if a line is the beginning of a
procedure, the end, a variable declaration, ... Tell me what you need.

I tell you that, because these functions are needed by the IDE too when it
does auto-completion (at the moment, part is done by the editor component,
and part is done by the IDE itself). And Yizhou He (the chinese translator)
want to integrate a function browser directly in the IDE project window, and
so these functions will be welcome too.

So, if you are agree, send me first your modifications as plain file so that I
look at it. Then I will implement the needed functions in the gb.eval
component, and will explain to you how to use them.

mailto:gambas at ...1...