[Gambas-devel] Pretty Printer for gambas-0.96

Charlie karl.reinl at ...16...
Thu Aug 5 23:44:49 CEST 2004

Salut Benoît,

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>On Wednesday 04 August 2004 22:08, Charlie wrote:
>

>>Salut Benoît,
>>
>>I send you the PrettyPrinter for  gambas-0.96.
>>
>>Hope you enjoy, because I would like to see it included in gambas.
>>
>>Amicalement
>>Charlie
>>

>Hi, Charlie.
>
>I would like to see your pretty printer in Gambas too, and I can include it
>now because I won't release a 0.97 immediately.
>
>I'm very glad that you took the time to make patches and a script to apply
>them. Alas, I prefer that you send me the whole files and not just the diffs,
>because it is easier for me to look at your modifications before inserting
>them in my current source tree (which is always more advanced than what I
>have released).

No problem

>And do you think it is possible to rewrite your pretty printer by using some
>functions I will export from the gb.eval component ? These functions will
>analyze the syntax for you, will tell you if a line is the beginning of a
>procedure, the end, a variable declaration, ... Tell me what you need.

OK, but I need time to do that. I know what you mean, I had a look, and
I wrote it  to you about the gb.eval.

>I tell you that, because these functions are needed by the IDE too when it
>does auto-completion (at the moment, part is done by the editor component,
>and part is done by the IDE itself). And Yizhou He (the chinese translator)
>want to integrate a function browser directly in the IDE project window, and
>so these functions will be welcome too.

I will send you soon both, for changes in gambas IDE changes and
editor-C files.

>So, if you are agree, send me first your modifications as plain file so that I
>look at it. Then I will implement the needed functions in the gb.eval
>component, and will explain to you how to use them.
>
>Regards,

Amicalement
Charlie