[Gambas-devel] Gambas Embedded Database(s)

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Fri Jun 6 18:50:51 CEST 2003

On Friday 06 June 2003 10:05, Philip A. Chapman wrote:
> OK, I've done some research.  I've found a project called SQLLite that
> may fit the bill.  http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/  I plan on playing
> with it some this weekend to see how good/powerfull it is; but based on
> the feature set, this could be what we are looking for in an embedded,
> single-user database engine.  I would like to say that one of the main
> advantages is that the complete database is stored in a single disk file
> (like MS Access).  That would not be desirable for an enterprise level

It does look very much like MS Access in terms of what's supported and what's
not.  Embedded MySQL seems like it might be easier to support (because so
many people use MySQL) but having the whole database in one big file does
seem more convenient for people who are used to using Access files.

Hey, this is a GPL'ed project, no reason there can't be DB drivers for both of
them ;)

Rob