[Gambas-devel] Gambas Embedded Database(s)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...20...
Sat Jun 7 11:20:10 CEST 2003

Le Vendredi 6 Juin 2003 18:50, Rob a écrit :
> On Friday 06 June 2003 10:05, Philip A. Chapman wrote:
> > OK, I've done some research.  I've found a project called SQLLite that
> > may fit the bill.  http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/  I plan on playing
> > with it some this weekend to see how good/powerfull it is; but based on
> > the feature set, this could be what we are looking for in an embedded,
> > single-user database engine.  I would like to say that one of the main
> > advantages is that the complete database is stored in a single disk file
> > (like MS Access).  That would not be desirable for an enterprise level
>
> It does look very much like MS Access in terms of what's supported and
> what's not.  Embedded MySQL seems like it might be easier to support
> (because so many people use MySQL) but having the whole database in one big
> file does seem more convenient for people who are used to using Access
> files.
>
> Hey, this is a GPL'ed project, no reason there can't be DB drivers for both
> of them ;)
>
> Rob

SQLite seems to be more practical than embedded mysql, because you can choose
the file where the database is stored, whereas embedded mysql is really a
embedded mysql server where you can only choose the directory where all your
databases are stored.

I sugget using sqlite. If I had time, I would do the database driver :-)

mailto:gambas at ...1...