[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1505: slackware package creation not working properly

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Tue Jan 29 01:12:30 CET 2019

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1505&from=L21haW4-

Comment #6 by Benoît MINISINI:

The location is just where the generated packages are stored. I could add an option to choose the location of the program, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

The package dependencies are put in the 'slack-required' file, but apparently this file is not indicating dependencies at all. I didn't succeed in finding a clear documentation on how to make a Slackware package, and how to indicates that a package requires another one to run. If it is not possible, then there is no way to generate the GUI packages on Slackware.

The source code is in the 'MakeTgzPackage' function of the 'Package' module of the IDE.

If you are information about that, or about what should be done, and questions, let's talk on the mailing-list. I close the bug.

Benoît MINISINI changed the state of the bug to: Abandoned.