Re: Unittesting Gambas – Was: Problem "Stable" is not stable

> > No, they actually were new bugs until I reported them and they got
> > fixed. Just look how many times I reported a bug using GambasTester.
> > Ideally unit tests would test all possible features with all possible
> >  ways and thus it would catch all possible bugs in future. Understand
> > now? The tests are just not very easy to write. You need to think
> > about how to potentially break things.
>
> I am not the guy who is able to do this. Do you still write these sort
> of tests?

Not for a long time and never for Gambas GUI parts. I don't even know what
kind of stability problems people have with Gambas now. Just assuming they
are real.
Personally I do not even remember when was the last time I saw something go
broken. Currently I use more C, but I use some tools written in Gambas
daily without any problems.
But then again, I do not update very often these days.

Anyway, if we want to lessen the testing burden from the users, then unit
tests need more work. I don't see any other way. Maybe what you suggested
would help, but I wonder how many would install the "testing" version among
"stable", "testing" and "development". IE would the testing version then
really be well tested..? In fact I don't quite see why PPA even has a
development version, if not for testing. If you really want to develop
something, you need to compile things anyway.

Btw, there really isn't much in the bug tracker either. Are the issues not
being reported..? Or what really is the issue here?

Jussi