Re: New AppImage packager options (was Re: Initial release of Gambas 3.19.4)

Il 12/08/24 19:32, Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
The new entries are option that help workaround some AppImage failures.

1) "Do not use the embededded programs" -> If you embed another program
in your AppImage (for example, "ffmpeg"), it will be used instead of the
one installed on the system.

If you check this option, any program embedded in the AppImage (except
the main one of course) will be ignored.

2) "Build package with 'root' account". -> On non-ubuntu systems,
AppImage builder seems to not be able to install Ubuntu packages into
the AppImage file correctly. It needs the root account!

Benoît Minisini.

Hi Benoit,

thank you very much for the explanations that will allow me to complete
the Italian wiki on the topic:
https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php/Creare_un_AppImage_firmata_di_un_progetto_Gambas

I apologize for the delay in replying and I wish you a good night.

Regards
Gianluigi