Odd lag on a Shell command

I'm making a project to list all my VBox VMs and let me mount the drives.

It has a strange issue though.

It uses the following shell command...
vboximg-mount -lv

wen i run that in a terminal the output happens very fast.

When running via gambas Shell or Exec it's taking 5.2 seconds
  Exec ["vboximg-mount", "-l", "-v"] To sRes

But i'll say "usually" some days it seems to load with speed other days
it's slow.

I have no idea what causes the command to run fast or slow it just changes
as i modify other parts of the project.

Any ideas why it seems to run the command so slow?

Many thanks
BruceS