Re: DateBox

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Friday, June 7th, 2024 at 00:47, Benoît Minisini <benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I' m well aware of that and didn't want to go into the slashes and
> > > dashes, jut the dd and mm part being reversed.
> > >
> > > 6 of 6th is a bad day for doing this as they are both the same :)
> >
> > Indeed. Let's wait for midnight before trying to debug the mess!
>

> Last commit should fix the problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

I installed latest development version and tested the fix...
And it does not solve the problem. The date is still shown in English format.

I did some testing and this is what turned up (see attachment -> screenshot):
If in terminal I do 'locale' it shows me my locale as I set them

If I do a Shell locale (or Exec) in gambas code, it doesn't show my locale, but I guess the default system locale.
System if default installed  en_US. I later add nl_NL and set time,measurement, paper etc to Dutch format.

On attached screenshot you see the output in both terminal and a 'Shell "locale"' output on a TextArea (black/yellow).
Shell returns all being en_US, my terminal shows some are nl_NL!!

On the attachment you can also see the date Debian/Mate shows me (upper left corner).
A Dutch date/time format (za stands for zaterdag -> saturday) as I would expect.

I guess Gambas get's the settings somehow from somewhere else (as shown by Shell of Exec command from code giving other results that doing the command in terminal).
And that probably causes the problem.

My locale from terminal:
LANG=en_US.UTF-8              <---- English (US) for language
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_TIME=nl_NL.UTF-8           <---- Dutch for time
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I've attached a little project showing the problem.

gbWilly