DateBox

DateBox doesn' t seem to take into account certain system settings.

These are my language settings:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_TIME=nl_NL.UTF-8

As you can see I prefer an English environment for language, for all the rest I want my local style (so money, time, measurements etc.)
As you can see time is set to nl_NL (so Dutch -> West Europe)

Debian/Mate seem to be OK with these settings as my dates on my clock are shown 'Dutch/West-European'  style meaning -> dd mm yyyy

Now have look at the datebox below. It is not accoring to my settings for time (LC_TIME=nl_NL.UTF-8)
It is shown as mm dd yyyy, (so US settings) and thus very confusing and annoying at the same time and prone to mistakes.

datebox.png

I can set the mode to DateOnly, but no property to set the date format. IMHO that should be taken from LC_TIME setting.
Others (not Gambas) seem to be able do use it in their software.

Is this intended behavior or is incorporating all settings of the system just something that has been overlooked to take into account?
Or am I missing something in how to get this done?

gbWilly