Re: Warning from QT5

On Mon, 3 Jun 2024, 07:31 Jorge Carrión, <shordi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, yes! You can change branch easily. Here is the information.
>
> https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Switching_Branches
>
> Unstable is a little heavy with so many actualizations daily... but works
> fine.

Except for a possible glitch in qt or so it seems. ;)

Do you have any other (not gambas) QT programs you can run from terminal
and see if they produce the same warning or not? (just to tell if it is a
gambas problem of a general qt problem)

Have you reported this to the manjaro dev team to see if it's something
they need to fix their end?  that's kinda what unstable/testing branches
are meant for,

Sometimes warnings like this just go away when the system developers/bug
reporters find and fix the problems.  OpenSuse rolling release can suddenly
start not compiling gambas on gitlab for a couple of days then suddenly it
just works again.

These are just the downsides of being on the development edge.

I would advise alerting the Manjaro developers of the issue and giving it a
couple of days for them to either fix it or reply to you to say it's
something needs fixing with gambas.

Respects
BruceS

*Info*
------------------------------
Manjaro specific packages downloaded and installed from the *Testing branch*
or *Unstable branch* will, by nature, not have been fully tested, and may
be unstable. Please refer to System Maintenance
<https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/System_Maintenance> Section for
important maintenance information.

   - *Unstable branch*: Unstable is synced several times a day with Arch
   package releases. Only a subset of Arch packages are modified to suit
   Manjaro. Those that use *Unstable* need to have the skills to get
   themselves out of trouble when they move their system to this branch. They
   are the Manjaro users who are most likely to need to use such skills. Due
   to the feedback from the users of the *Unstable* repo, many issues are
   caught and fixed at this level. Although the very latest software will be
   located here, *using the unstable branch is usually safe but - in rare
   cases - may cause issues with your system!*