Re: Null value into an integer variable

On 19/4/24 9:43 pm, Benoît Minisini wrote:
Le 19/04/2024 à 14:04, BB a écrit :
That's good but it doesn't address the original problem. Integers cannot be null, when sometimes it is true. You are addressing the display problem but not the actual value problem of "why cant I set an integer variable to null?"

As I said I have yet to find an answer to this.

Because 'Integer' is a native CPU datatype, and CPU has no null for its native datatypes (with the exception of floating point numbers that could be null, but can't because of the standard). Only datatypes that are pointers can be null.

Regards,

A fact that I fully appreciate, Benoît. However the problem remains regarding the "data", which may be null. No matter if we are talking about the displayed value or not there are still cases when an integer variable remains "not set yet". I dont expect that Gambas integer variables could have a Null value, just that there must be some way to get around this.