Re: Bye bye Ubuntu!

Am 03.04.24 um 22:06 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

Just for your information, I dropped Ubuntu yesterday and installed Manjaro (ArchLinux) instead.

No more snap. So now Firefox and Chromium start in half a second. Package installation is about twice faster. And I see less processes when I run "ps", for exactly the same system and the same KDE
desktop.

So I guess I will never go back!

Canonical puts free software on its proprietary server and wants to be
the only one to serve snap packages.

That's a nogo. I didn't leave Windows, which has cost me a lot of work,
to get locked into the next walled garden.

I still like Apt. Maybe I go to the mother (Debian).

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur