Re: Bye bye Ubuntu!

I had started some tries to get Ubuntu running (for a longer period with updates). This was all before 2015.

Then i found Arch-Linux, and have a system that runs for years with only minor problems dealing with Updates.

My actual installation is from 2018. There is plenty of software available on the AUR, and with yay its installed without problems (in most cases).

Will never leave a system with a rolling update anymore.

Regards

Hartmut

Am 03.04.24 um 22:06 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
Hi,

Just for your information, I dropped Ubuntu yesterday and installed Manjaro (ArchLinux) instead.

No more snap. So now Firefox and Chromium start in half a second. Package installation is about twice faster. And I see less processes when I run "ps", for exactly the same system and the same KDE desktop.

So I guess I will never go back!

Regards,