Re: Mail in Spam

On 3/19/24 03:05, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
Am 19.03.24 um 04:09 schrieb T Lee Davidson:

And ... you also changed the List-Id: header. I was filtering on that
one! It's okay. I just changed the trigger from "is" to "contains".
:-)

Yes I did. But I didn't change the list-id itself, only it's description. It's not a good idea to filter for this string.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc2919

   Although the list identifier MAY be changed by the mailing list
   administrator this is not desirable.  (Note that there is no
   disadvantage to changing the description portion of the List-Id
   header.)

Right. If one wishes to use the "List-Id:" message header to filter the messages, don't be lazy when setting it up like I was. Use only the actual list-id portion of that header which is contained within the angle brackets, "<" and ">". For this list, that value is "user.lists.gambas-basic.org". Note that that is different from what is in the "To:" header which is an actual email address.

--
Lee

--- Gambas User List Netiquette [https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette] ----