Re: Mail in Spam

On 3/17/24 09:07, Gianluigi wrote:
Il 17/03/24 13:24, Bruce Steers ha scritto:

[snip]

Okay so lets get some details..
Are you using webmail interface or an email client like thunderbird?

Can you open an email in spam and set it to "not spam"  (that's how it works in gmail)

I just inspected an older mail.
Seems the old emails used to say the email was from user@xxxxxxxxxx via lists.gambas-basic.org <http://lists.gambas-basic.org>

now the "via" part is gone and it just says the users addy.

but in gmail when i click the address field i get options to filter mailing list messages.
there i can set emails from the list to never be marked as spam
(see pics)

Good luck :)

Thanks,

these are all things that I naturally do and have done in the past with gmail too (I never had problems receiving mail after Jussi and Lee explained to me how to put filters). My question is another: what should I write as a filter in the list of safe addresses as the sender address, so that the mail does not end up in the Spam folder?
Do I need to add another asterisk (e.g. *gambas-basic.org*)?
I think Christof should tell me, he's the one who sorts the mail.

Regards
Gianluigi

Hi Gianluigi,

I am going to echo Bruce's question: Are you using webmail interface or an email client like thunderbird?

I will now try answering your question about on what to filter. You can't filter on the "From:" field as that is now always the Sender (but the "Sender:" header is blank). Are you able to filter on *any* message header? If so, you could filter on either the "To:" header or the "List-Id:" header. For either header, set your filter to trigger on if it contains:
user.lists.gambas-basic.org

--
Lee

--- Gambas User List Netiquette [https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette] ----