Re: Mail in Spam

Il 17/03/24 13:24, Bruce Steers ha scritto:

On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 at 11:42, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Il 17/03/24 12:16, Bruce Steers ha scritto:

    On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 at 09:00, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Hi Christof,

        how can I communicate to my email provider (Ionos) that the
        emails
        coming from the list are safe, now that the sender is the
        name and not
        the list? I always have to look through the spam I receive
        hours later.
        Yesterday the vuott mail ended up in spam and I would have
        avoided a
        double request to Benoit.

        Thanks, regards
        Gianluigi

    Have you tried ,er , communicating with your email provider ?
    ;)

    No but, like all providers, it provides a way to communicate that
    a given sender address is safe and at the time I wrote
    *gambas-basic.org <http://gambas-basic.org>

Okay so lets get some details..
Are you using webmail interface or an email client like thunderbird?

Can you open an email in spam and set it to "not spam"  (that's how it
works in gmail)

I just inspected an older mail.
Seems the old emails used to say the email was from user@xxxxxxxxxx
via lists.gambas-basic.org <http://lists.gambas-basic.org>

now the "via" part is gone and it just says the users addy.

but in gmail when i click the address field i get options to filter
mailing list messages.
there i can set emails from the list to never be marked as spam
(see pics)

Good luck :)

Thanks,

these are all things that I naturally do and have done in the past with
gmail too (I never had problems receiving mail after Jussi and Lee
explained to me how to put filters).
My question is another: what should I write as a filter in the list of
safe addresses as the sender address, so that the mail does not end up
in the Spam folder?
Do I need to add another asterisk (e.g. *gambas-basic.org*)?
I think Christof should tell me, he's the one who sorts the mail.

Regards
Gianluigi