[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2901: Packages dependies (step 7 of packager)

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2901&from=L21haW4-

Comment #5 by Benoît MINISINI:

OK, I think I understand the confusion...

Extra dependencies are for extra binary packages, not for the explicit dependencies of the project.

The explicit dependencies of the project are:

1) The Gambas components.

The version requirement for Gambas components is always from the current Gambas version up to "3.99.0".

You can just override the minimum version requirement from the "Minimum Gambas version" field in the "Extra dependencies" tab.

2) The libraries

By default, the minimum version requirement is the previous minor version of the library version (no idea why it's not the current library version) with the release number reset to 0.

And the maximum version requirement is the current library version with the release number equals to "90".

For example, for 'gb-libgb3base' version 1.0.13, you get '>= 0.0.0' and '<= 1.0.90' as versions requirements.

For 'gb-libgb3bas' version 2.4.2, you will get '>= 2.3.0" and '<= 2.4.90' version requirements.

You can just override the maximum version requirement inside the library project properties, in the "Compatible until" field of the "Properties" tab.

By convention, a library in version 'X.Y' is backward compatible up to 'X.0' version, is not compatible with 'X.(Y + n)' or '(X + n).*' versions, but is compatible with 'X.Y.Z' version, Z begin incremented at each bug fix release.

I just added the '90' release version number for development versions of the library.

I hope it's more clear now. Do not hesitate to suggest enhancements to that stuff on the mailing-list, so that other people can give their thoughts.

----[ Gambas bugtracker-list is hosted by https://www.hostsharing.net ]----