[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2901: Packages dependies (step 7 of packager)

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2901&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by Willy RAETS:

I have further looked at this.
If I package and have a dependency set in IDE packager (debian) with only minimum requirements and no maximum, the control file sets no max limit, as I would expect.
If I package and have a dependency set in IDE packager (debian) with minimum and maximum requiremnets, the control file has it's own max limit and does not respect what is set in packager. So, the whole maximum dependency version is useless. Packager takes current version x.y.z and sets max to x.y.90 even if I set is to (x+1).0.99

So, I currently have gambas libraries in Alpha, meaning in 0.1.x version.
As soon as they go beta the go 0.2.x version.

Currently I have Alpha (0.1.x Alpha x+1) installed on several systems. If I want to up to Beta (version 0.2.x Betal x+1) I have to uninstall all applications, because the 0.1.x dependency of the Gambas applications has been maxed to version 0.1.90 by the IDE packager, not me, I set it to 1.0.99, as that is MY intention and I should know best as developer, right!?

I am using debian packages as I distribute to the clienst using a internal debian repository.

I hope you see my problem. For now I can solve it by no longer setting a max dependency.
But why have a mex dependecy option id packager does lives his own life?

My 2 cents.

Merci beaucoup,

gbWilly

----[ Gambas bugtracker-list is hosted by https://www.hostsharing.net ]----