[Gambas-user] Mailinglist host will be upgraded

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Wed Jan 31 12:35:56 CET 2024

Hi!

Our mailinglist host will be upgraded to Debian Bookworm on:

"05.03.2024 zwischen 16 und 18 Uhr"

Since Python 2 is abandoned on Debian Bookworm and Mailman will not work
any more we will have to change the mailinglist software.

I and the guys at Hostsharing investigated and found a solution for
small mailinglists like ours: To use 'mlmmj' in future.

mlmmj is stable, but AFAIK it lacks a good web frontend. Maybe we could
write one in Gambas, but we need to use the Gambas that is installed on
the server:

https://packages.debian.org/stable/gambas3

Within the next weeks I will change the forum software to mlmmj. I can
only do this when I have time and after the installation our frontend
will not work any more.

I think we can live a couple of days without a frontend as long as we
show a small help on 'https://lists.gambas-basic.org/' as new users can
subscribe via email.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer