[Gambas-user] Size of Window cannot be decreased when opened with ShowModal()

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 20:11:54 CET 2024

On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 at 18:35, Claus Dietrich <claus.dietrich at freenet.de>
wrote:

> Hi Bruce
>
> Am 28.01.24 um 18:27 schrieb Bruce Steers:
> > Thats how modal windows work.
>
> I am coming from Visual Basic which allows to reduce the size of a modal
> form? Visual Basic further minimizes the entire set of windows (the
> entire application) into the taskbar when a modal window is minimized -
> which makes sense. In Gambas only the modal window is minimized, which I
> regard as a potential trap.
>
> Is that really a justified and intended behaviour of modal forms in Gambas?
>
> Best regards
>
> Claus

But Gambas is NOT Microsoft visual basic clone.

vb is vb.  it works how it works.
gambas is gambas.  it works how it works.

I don't hink it's right to say the vb way correct and gambs in not
justified in how it works?

If you want your gambas application to behave exactly the same as microsoft
basic then you should code it to do so.

And like i explained you can set the minimum size for your modal window in
the IDE or when creating it then grow it when it opens.  then it CAN shrink.

Respects
BruceS