[Gambas-user] gb.poppler - questions and issues

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Tue Jan 23 20:00:05 CET 2024

Hi
The Gambas-Buch team is currently working on a new chapter for the
gb.poppler component. The IDE presents it as immature and there is a
considerable lack of documentation, but we like to provide something
because the classes turned out to be useful for different applications.
So we would be grateful to get answers to following questions:

1. What does the property "Label" of .PdfPage return?
Example: Print hPdfDocument[0].Label
On first sight it seems to provide the page index + 1 as string. Is this
a coincidence in the sample project or a fixed and intended
relationship? How can it be used?

2. Why is the property Thumbnail of .PdfPage always Null?
Example: hPdfDocument[0].Thumbnail.Save("/home/claus/img0.png")
Is that a bug?

3. Why is the property ModificationDate always wrong?
Example: hPdfDocument.ModificationDate
It always returns something around 01.01.1970 00:59:59 while file
managers return something realistic. Is that a bug?

4. What does PdfIndex.Opened as Boolean indicate?

5. We kindly ask to get some background on the empty documentation at
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.poppler/pdfaction?l=de
(PdfAction class and particularly its properties .PdfActionLaunch and
.PdfActionURI)

Best regards
Claus