[Gambas-user] Get the default file manager

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 14:06:17 CET 2024

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 at 12:34, BB <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> (I suppose you guys do realise that there is no such thing as a default
> file manager, or a default any application, in linux. Even the so-called
> default file manager for a desktop is a furphy.)

Well maybe not the linux core but surely most desktop environments have to
have it configured somehow?

I've submitted a merge request with the simple DefaultOnly addition i made
to DesktopFile.FromMime() as it seems to work well and i think may be
useful to some.

I just tested a few mime types (directory, text file, html) and it got it
right on them all.

Respects
BruceS