[Gambas-user] Get the default file manager

Gianluigi gradobag at gradobag.it
Sun Feb 18 11:10:52 CET 2024

Il 18/02/24 06:17, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
> additional note.
> on my system DesktopFile.FromMime("inode/directory")[0] is gambas3.
>
> So i guess my point is that's working for you but it's not really a
> reliable method.
>
> Respects
> BruceS

I haven't tried, but this should also work on LXDE:

Public Sub Main()

   Dim sApp, s As String

   Shell "xdg-mime query default inode/directory" To sApp  ' Get
.desktop file name of filemanager launcher.
   s = Scan(sApp, "*{.,-, }*")[0]
   Print s
   If Desktop.Type = "LXDE" Then s = "pcmanfm-qt"
   Try Shell s

End

Unfortunately your code doesn't work here

Regards
Gianluigi