[Gambas-user] A whole load of directories in my .local folder ??

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:08:34 CET 2024

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 at 12:51, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 at 12:47, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 at 23:01, Benoît Minisini <
>> benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

>>> In the last commit, I automatically destroy the unwanted hsts cache
>>> directory at component unload (I didn't find what exactly creates the
>>> directory).
>>>
>>> Tell me if it helps!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Benoît Minisini.
>>>

>> Cured Benoit thank you.
>> I no longer see any of the folders appearing at all.
>>
>> Much respect kind sir :)
>>

> Oops, sorry, yes I do see the folders being created but yes they unload
> when I close the IDE.
>
> I think i may keep the folder cleaning code i added though because i
> suspect the folders will not be destroyed if gambas does not exit cleanly
> (Ie if i need to kiil a hung process)
>
> Could the cache cleaner you added not kill the cache after loading instead
> of when exiting? or is that likely to break things?
>
> Thanks again.
> BruceS

Hmm, Interesting discovery that i do not know if it will help track the
source of the issue..

If i type in terminal,,,
gambas3 /path/to/my/project
then no cache folder is created at all (what i first noticed)

If i type without project folder
gambas3

then the cache folder gets made and stays until i exit the IDE.
Seems to be the Welcome form doing it

I tried my editor that has htmlview and webview and running that did not
make cache folder?

I just discovered this....

I load the IDE with a project folder argument and no cache folder is made.

About gambas = no cache folder
Prefs = no folder

Open Project dialog.
No folder when pressing the tabs except for 1
Examples

The second i press Examples on the Open project dialog the cache folder
gets made and stays until closing the IDE

Maybe that helps?

Thanks again
BruceS