[Gambas-user] A whole load of directories in my .local folder ??

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:51:57 CET 2024

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 at 12:47, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 at 23:01, Benoît Minisini <
> benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

>> > These folders are created whereas I explicitly use the WebkitGTK+ API
>> > that does not create any cache file according to the documentation!
>> >

>> In the last commit, I automatically destroy the unwanted hsts cache
>> directory at component unload (I didn't find what exactly creates the
>> directory).
>>
>> Tell me if it helps!
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini.
>>

> Cured Benoit thank you.
> I no longer see any of the folders appearing at all.
>
> Much respect kind sir :)

Oops, sorry, yes I do see the folders being created but yes they unload
when I close the IDE.

I think i may keep the folder cleaning code i added though because i
suspect the folders will not be destroyed if gambas does not exit cleanly
(Ie if i need to kiil a hung process)

Could the cache cleaner you added not kill the cache after loading instead
of when exiting? or is that likely to break things?

Thanks again.
BruceS