[Gambas-user] Blurry text when PDF pages are rendered with gb.poppler and displayed with a DocumentView

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Sun Feb 4 17:36:01 CET 2024

Am 03.02.24 um 14:33 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> No idea, this is what the poppler API returns.
>
> If you don't specify a resolution in the Render() method, the
> resolution stored in PdfDocument.Resolution will be used. Try with 300
> dpi, it will be less blurry.

As proposed I used a resolution of 300dpi with the gb.poppler version.
The result was not competitive with the gb.pdf-version at a resolution
of just 69.8 dpi (!). The high resolution further made the gb.poppler
version far too slow and unusable.

Here you can see a screenshot showing the difference in display quality
at an identical rendering resolution and GUI size (upper=gb.poppler,
lower=gb.pdf): https://magentacloud.de/s/Jj3WkmPmszrD8Yr

I invested a few complete days for this but couldn't find any possible
reason for that yet. The DocumentView is complex and I am lost when it
comes to C-code (poppler API). I hope that you and/or Fabien can help.

Best regards

Claus