[Gambas-user] Desktop.SendMail method broken on the master?

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Wed Sep 27 00:03:53 CEST 2023

Le 26/09/2023 à 20:50, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
> Hi
>
> The Desktop.SendMail method seems to be broken on the latest ppa master.
>
> I tested it on my Linux Mint 20.3 Mate and Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon VMs.
>
> On my physical machine it works as it should with the new stable V3.18.4.
>
> A minimum demo app is attached which I used for testing.
>
> Best regards
>
> Claus

On master, Desktop routines are based on xdg portal instead of xdg shell
scripts.

The xdg portal (the future) is not necessarily everywhere in better
shape than the xdg shell scripts (the deprecated).

I confirm that the attachment is not taken into account, whereas it
seems I did what it must be done to send them through DBus. I will check
that.

Otherwise, my e-mail client (Thunderbird) opens correctly on KDE. But
KDE has a good implementation of xdg portal, which is often not the case
in other desktops.

Benoît Minisini.