[Gambas-user] Error from GPU

Gianluigi gradobag at gradobag.it
Fri Sep 22 16:26:28 CEST 2023

Il 22/09/23 15:47, T Lee Davidson ha scritto:
> On 9/22/23 07:32, Gianluigi wrote:
>> A friend of ours (Franco) from the Italian forum updated a Gambas project.
>>
>> Now it gets this error message from the GPU, in a terminal window:
>> "libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open nouveau:
>> /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto
>> condiviso: File o directory non esistente (search paths
>> /usr/lib64/dri, suffix _dri)
>> libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau"
>> Both the project and the system work fine anyway and he wouldn't want
>> to add the driver.
>> Question: Is it possible to avoid seeing the error?
>
> I think probably not when using libGL. I don't blame Franco for not
> wanting to install the Mesa driver. Having to use nouveau for Nvidia
> cards is bad enough.
>
> Relatively recently, I swapped out a Radeon card for an Nvidia hoping
> to get better performance; and also got the "failed to load
> nouveau.dri" errors when testing it. The performance was absolutely
> pathetic. I installed the Mesa driver hoping to fix the performance
> issue, and all it did was muck things up. I promptly swapped back to
> the Radeon card.

Your answer is disheartening :-(
I have never used Suse if it were Ubuntu I would recommend using a
proprietary driver which has become open source since 2022, but frankly
I don't feel like recommending it on a system I don't know.

If Benoit has not an idea, I think Franco have to adapt to closing the
terminal and that's it.

Thank you very much.

Gianluigi