[Gambas-user] Error from GPU

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:47:03 CEST 2023

On 9/22/23 07:32, Gianluigi wrote:
> A friend of ours (Franco) from the Italian forum updated a Gambas project.
> Now it gets this error message from the GPU, in a terminal window:
> "libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open nouveau: /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto condiviso:
> File o directory non esistente (search paths /usr/lib64/dri, suffix _dri)
> libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau"
> Both the project and the system work fine anyway and he wouldn't want to add the driver.
> Question: Is it possible to avoid seeing the error?

I think probably not when using libGL. I don't blame Franco for not wanting to install the Mesa driver. Having to use nouveau
for Nvidia cards is bad enough.

Relatively recently, I swapped out a Radeon card for an Nvidia hoping to get better performance; and also got the "failed to
load nouveau.dri" errors when testing it. The performance was absolutely pathetic. I installed the Mesa driver hoping to fix the
performance issue, and all it did was muck things up. I promptly swapped back to the Radeon card.

--
Lee

Leap 15.5