[Gambas-user] Initial support for making AppImage

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 22:27:00 CEST 2023

On 9/5/23 07:03, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> - The resulting AppImage files are big (at least 50 Mb) and slow to start (I mean slower than it should).

Just FYI:

Specifying either gb.gtk3 or gb.qt5, as opposed to gb.gui, saves 9-10Mb in the resulting appimage.

The simple "hello world" command-line app is only 5Mb.

Using gb.gtk3 appears to launch slightly faster.

Side note: With either GUI toolkit, showing a Message.Info dialog produced "gb.form: warning: unable to load gb.form.stock
component" on the console.

--
Lee