[Gambas-user] Initial support for making AppImage

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Fri Sep 8 21:29:21 CEST 2023

Le 08/09/2023 à 20:35, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> On 9/8/23 14:25, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Le 08/09/2023 à 19:26, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
>>>
>>> I installed Debian on a QEMU/KVM VM and tried to create an appimage
>>> of the default "hello world" new console application (hello.gambas).
>>> It failed. "Create-AppImage-Package-Output" attached.
>>
>> According to the output, you specified debian repositories. You must
>> specified Ubuntu repositories, otherwise it can't work!
>
> It was the Gambas "Make installation package" wizard that specified
> debian repositories, no tme. I wasn't sure what to enter there, and so I
> clicked the "Get current system configuration" button. It populated
> "Ubuntu repository" with "http://deb.debian.org/debian/".

Indeed, it gets the url from /etc/apt/sources.list, which points at your
Debian repositories.

You must enter an Ubuntu repository.

For example: http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/

I will try to detect that the current system is not Ubuntu to not read
/etc/apt/sources.list in that case.

Benoît Minisini.