[Gambas-user] Initial support for making AppImage

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 16:34:07 CEST 2023

On 9/5/23 07:03, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> You need the 'appimage-builder' tool. See: https://appimage-builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro/install.html#intro-install

I'm confused. It appears that AppImageBuilder is a project by AppImageCrafters; while the official AppImage project is
AppImageKit which provides 'appimagetool'.

I just successfully built and executed a simple AppImage (size: 194Kb) with AppImageTool on openSUSE.

> Whatever AppImageBuilder supports, I need Ubuntu because the Gambas binary packages come from the Gambas Ubuntu PPA.

Again, I am confused. Is it not possible to simply pull the binary files from the user's own system?

--
Lee