[Gambas-user] sqlite full text search i.e. virtual tables

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 04:44:53 CEST 2023

On 2/9/23 11:17 pm, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 02/09/2023 à 15:17, BB a écrit :
>>>
>>> The Exec() method allows you to run any SQL request, so I don't see
>>> why you couldn't use this SQLite extension.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> Aaaargh! 3 hours ago it didn't work, now it does.
>>
>> It was raising an error that the table ("namesrch") did not exist,
>> hence my post. Now, after dinner and a bit of TV, I came back and
>> just before closing the project concerned tried it again.

>> Are you some kind of sorcerer or something 😅
>>
>> bests

> It happens to me all the time. Someone comes saying that his code does
> not work and that he is searching for hours. Then I ask him if he did
> everything right, and then he usually finds immediately what was wrong.
>
> :-)

I _think_ that I _may_ have figured out what was happening.

I had the database file open in a db browser ("DB Browser for SQLite")
mucking about with the structure of the FTS table. After dinner I closed
the browser which of course released it's "lock" on the database. Then
when I re-ran my project it just worked, of course.

I must remember that sqlite is a "single user" dbms.😬