[Gambas-user] combobox scrolling

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 11:05:07 CEST 2023

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 at 07:01, BB <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/10/23 7:18 pm, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>
> I think the problem come from ScrollArea
>
>   D = Desktop.Scale * 60
>   If Mouse.Orientation = Mouse.Horizontal Or If $H <= $hDrawingArea.H Then
>     Scroll($iScrollX - Mouse.Delta * D, $iScrollY)
>   Else
>     Scroll($iScrollX, $iScrollY - Mouse.Delta * D)
>   Endif
>

> and for me
> Print Desktop.Scale * 60 give 420 because Scale return 7
>
> Benoit ? :-)
>

> --
> Fabien Bodard
>
> @Fabien
>
> Where is that code, I can't find it (and I agree D is too big for vertical
> scrolling)

I have a funny feeling the following is happening....

Scrolling scrolls a whole page but for example when scrolling the
Properties list in the IDE a page is considered the whole height of the
window.  not taking into account the visible control or help panels.

I think this is my problem when scrolling through code.  if the console
panel is visible the scroll goes too far as the console panel is not taken
into account.  when the console window is hidden the it scrolls a page just
fine. but if console is visible it scrolls too much.

It's just a suspicion, i could be wrong.

Respects
BruceS