[Gambas-user] Edit Actions in IDE

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Wed Oct 18 18:33:57 CEST 2023

Le 18/10/2023 à 18:28, Martin Fischer a écrit :

>> File -> Open file... Then in the "Select a file" dialog, right-click on
>> the file pane, select "Show hidden files".
>>

> If I do that, I get an error dialog stating "The file is located inside
> the project" and that's it. I can not open this file in the IDE.
>
> I hoped that the IDE allows management of all actions at a single place.
> Something like a form that:
> - enlists all actions that are in use (action-string assigned to any
> controls)
> - shows assigned controls per action
> - allows editing of enabled, picture, shortcut, ... properties per action
>
> Is there something like this?
>
> I'm using Gambas 3.18.4
>
> Regards
> Martin

No. You indirectly manage your actions by setting the properties of the
control associated with that action. If you have several controls or
menu sharing the same action, they have supposed to use the have the
same values for the same action properties (Text, Picture, Tooltip,
Shortcut...). If they don't, the result is random.

An action editor would be very similar to the menu editor.

Benoît Minisini.