[Gambas-user] Mailing list problems?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 03:43:10 CEST 2023

On 10/13/23 17:40, Denis Crowther wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Has anybody else received an email from the list containing;
>
> "Your membership in the mailing list User has been disabled due to
> excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> 13-Oct-2023.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
> you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
> this before your membership in the list is deleted."
>
> Is it real?
>
> What does "The last bounce received from you" mean?
>
> AFAIK I've had no issues..

A "bounce received from you" would be a message sent to your email address that was rejected by the mail server or relay
handling that address.

If it truly is a Mailman message, and not a spoof hack attempt, the bounce count will be reset in the number of days set by the
list's administrator.

I haven't experienced this so I do not know how you would "re-enable your membership". Perhaps see what you can find out about
your subscription at:

Lee