[Gambas-user] New AppImage Feature (Master)

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Mon Oct 2 13:01:32 CEST 2023

Le 02/10/2023 à 12:05, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
> Dear BM
>
> I am currently exploring the new AppImage feature of the IDE and I was
> able to produced some working apps - also with OpenGL. I have following
> questions:
>
> 1.    What is the correct Ubuntu repository which I have to enter in the
> AppImage dialogue?
>
> Since I don't have the background for choosing the right repository I
> tried http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu and it worked (but I don't know
> why).

All Ubuntu repositories should be a mirror of the main one (which is the
default proposed URL). So it is just a matter of which one is faster for
you.

> 2.    Why is the theme and font of the generated AppImage different and
> how can this be avoided?

No idea. I don't understand all the magic behind AppImage, and you have
sometimes to choose a different Ubuntu distribution for different
applications to make them work.

Benoît Minisini.