[Gambas-user] qt does not compile on debian 10 (Astra linux)

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:42:45 CET 2023

On 11/30/23 12:29, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> On 11/29/23 15:42, Bruce Steers wrote:
>> Someone on our forum (i assume Russian) is using Astra linux and wants gambas on it.
>>
>> i set up a VM and had to manually add debian buster repo to the source list
>> i could install gambas 3.12 from debian repo okay but tried autotools method for latest.
>
> Which version of Astra linux are you trying?
>
> According to Linuxadictos.com [1][2] in 2021, Astra Special Edition is/was based on Debian 10 (Buster), but the Common Edition
> is/was based on Debian 9 (Stretch). Perhaps there is a mismatch of packages.

It's probably moot, but I just realized I didn't include the links.
[1] https://www.linuxadictos.com/en/astra-linux-special-edition-1-7-arrives-with-debian-10-linux-5-4-and-more.html
[2] https://www.linuxadictos.com/en/astra-linux-common-edition-2-12-40-arrives-with-linux-5-4-improvements-for-fly-and-more.html

> I even tried latest Astra CE as it's a much higher version than SE, still deb buster though :-\

How do you know it's based on Debian Buster? I have to ask because I just installed ALCE v2.12.46 in a VM, and the 'apt' version
is 1.4.11 - where for Buster it should be 1.8.2.3 (https://packages.debian.org/buster/apt).

--
Lee