[Gambas-user] Enable Software farm to upload and distribute Gambas Script applets

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 02:22:04 CET 2023

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023, 23:49 Bruce Steers, <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023, 21:36 Brian G, <brian at westwoodsvcs.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any thought about having the Gambas farm Upload and
>> distribute small Gambas applets in the form of Gambas scripts?
>>
>> These would be simple examples and small application. I am thinking that
>> in many cases these would be far more compact that an entire project.
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~ Brian
>>

> I guess the ide would need to support scripts first.
> They load in the ide but only as a project text file.
> TextEditor nicely applies gambas highlights and Rewrite bonuses like
> capitalization, convert ? To Print , etc but its not really supported in
> the ide.
>
> I guess a script would need a way to hold all the information a gambas
> project has and the farm requires.
>
> Might not take much to make the ide support a script project type?

Thinking about it though it actually may take a fair bit. 🤔 🙄

Hmm well , thinking about making existing code adapt to it may take some
work but a new module with a different load and save routine or converter
to convert relevant settings info to/from a script header to project info?

Hmm, Having all the autocomplete / wiki help work in a script project would
be cool though 😎

Respects
BruceS