[Gambas-user] Problems viewing Gambas online help

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 13:21:59 CET 2023

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 at 12:00, fmfdario <fmfdario at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!.
>

> I haven't been able to see the editor's online help for a few days.
> Today, November 17 at 12:58, I had the same problem.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is ?.

No idea.
I know there is nothing wrong with mine so it's probably a problem with
your config.
I just tried GTK3 and QT5 IDE and both worked as expected.
I would suspect something is badly configured.
------------
Possible solutions. . Maybe it's a gambas problem
Full re-install gambas.
Ie. do a full uninstall, then delete anything left over.
once uninstalled type the following in a terminal..
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/gambas3
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gb*3
sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gambas*
rm -rf ~/.local/share/gambas3/wiki*

Then re-install gambas.
-------------

Maybe it's a toolkit problem.
Try the IDE using QT instead of GTK3
$ env GB_GUI=gb.qt5 gambas3
(has problem gone?)
If yes it's a gtk problem
if using gtk try changing the GTK theme in desktops "appearance" settings.

if problem still exists using IDE with QT then it's probably not the
toolkit and it something else.

please post system information
(From gambas menu "System information")
or type in terminal..