[Gambas-user] how long till gb.highlight hits stable?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 22:04:48 CET 2023

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023, 19:59 Benoît Minisini, <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 12/11/2023 à 14:03, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > Unless of course gb.highlight is likely to be added to stable branch any
> > time soon :)
> >
> > Respects
> > BruceS
> >

> 'gb.highlight' will be just part of the next Gambas 3.19, but I don't
> plan to release it soon.
>
> As for 'gb.highlight' itself, it is rather stable now, but I may add new
> features, depending on what I find useful for highlighting some file types.
>
> I don't know what you did exactly with 'gb.form.editor' that is
> disturbed that the replacement of 'gb.eval.highlight' by 'gb.highlight',
> except custom highlighting based on the 'Highlight' event, as it has
> been removed.
>
> But it may come back if I find a way, as its removal breaks the
> backward-compatibility.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

Cheers Ben.
Errors are things like ....
TextHighlighter.CanRewrite not static.
TextEditor.Styles not available.
Plus others I mentioned in previous post.

Bare in mind these projects have imported gb.form.editer and do not use the
built in version that's more compliant.
So I had to import new text editor that uses gb.highlight but as I said
importing the gb.highlight component into a project that already has
gb.form.editor files has conflicts plus other source file/folder path
problems.

I guess with gambas.....  There's always a way 😎

Respects
BruceS