[Gambas-user] App icon question

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 13:11:19 CEST 2023

On Wed, 31 May 2023 at 12:04, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2023 at 10:26, Marco Ancillotti <gambas at servinfo.it> wrote:

>> > Well, yes. The '-l' option should also list the name of the icon file
>> > if there is one. You can then use the '-x' option to extract it for
>>
>> Yes this is simple , but if I use a stock icon how can I get the icon
>> name ?
>>

> The project icon (set in Project/Properties) will be saved as .icon.png
> regardless of what it might be.
> Or are you referring to individual Form.Icon properties?
>

>> I can extract the main form but there's a way to extract that to .form
>> and.class ?
>>

> What exactly are you trying to do tha?
> Fake another program?

oops , I hit send by accident before i was finished.

Usually you would just select "Import" in the IDE to import .form, & .class
files from another project.
And manually drop icon files into the project folder somewhere.

I'm curious to know why you need to "clone" ad-hoc a gambas executable and
not just use the project source.

BruceS