[Gambas-user] wiki is down

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 14:51:30 CEST 2023

On Sat, 27 May 2023 at 11:40, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 27/05/2023 à 12:14, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > wiki
> >

> >   503 Service Unavailable
> >

> >     No server is available to handle this request.
> >

> > Respects
> > BruceS
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> Yes, I noticed yesterday. I thought the problem was solved. :-(

Alas no :(
Personally i think the wiki method is a bit flawed because of the option to
use OffLine help or not. (not by default)
If you consider all the people possibly using (or trying) gambas without
offline mode then i would imagine the server load for auto-complete and
help could be quite large.

perhaps it could be re-designed a bit so a lot of the text could download
with the packages/source and reduce server traffic/flooding?
maybe use all the bigger files like images/apps/etc from the server but add
all the markdown files in the archive.

I should also imagine with the wiki down anyone who is not using offline
help (plus those without internet) has no help at present so that's another
reason the text files might be better as always local.

Just some food for thought

Respects
BruceS