[Gambas-user] Test Screen.Available values

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Wed May 17 18:26:02 CEST 2023

Le 17/05/2023 à 12:07, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> Yes.
> I use compiz and it only defines one desktop.
> Gambas does not support this method at all Desktop.Count only ever shows
> 1 even though I have 6. I submitted a merge request to add virtual
> desktop method too many moons ago but got no interest. >

Sorry for that. It's because of Wayland: we cannot rely on an X11-only
specific thing.

I'm currently working on 'gb.desktop' so that things start to work (more
or less) both on X11 and wayland.

I think we should only use Screens.Count, because it should actually
return the number of desktops you expect, and ignore Desktop.Count
completely as it cannot be implemented on Wayland.

Benoît Minisini.