[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.15.2: checbox dos not accept background color

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:29:42 CEST 2023

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 at 09:20, <roberto.premoli at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just moved a ooooold project to "current" gambas 3.15.2 present on
> Debian 11.
> some of my code manage the background of chekbox, but not id does not work
> anumore.
>
> let say:
>
> Public Sub CheckBox1_Click()
>   CheckBox1.Text = "my text here"
>   CheckBox1.background = 255
> End
>

> does not change the backgorund
>
> but
>
> Public Sub CheckBox1_Click()
>   CheckBox1.Text = "my text here"
>   CheckBox1.foreground = 255
> End
>

> run properly and the foreground color of text move to blue.
>
> I report this bug just in case is present also in 3.18.x and noone noticed
> before.
> It the bug is already fixed, don't care this mail

3.15  , wow such a distant memory ;)
Upgrade to stable or master versions.
here's a few simple scripts/programs to help update...
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/installtools

or do it manually by copy/paste the commands shown here...
http://138.68.116.47/cgi-bin/WebGambasUpgrade.gambas

There really is no point in reporting bugs on old versions. (even if "just
to check its fixed in latest)
Just update gambas then see for yourself if the bug still exists :)

Respects
BruceS